The well-balanced db.77® Aha ticks all the boxes for key biological and commercial traits such as daily weight gain, feed conversion rate and reliable carcass quality!
The Eco King!
With outstanding feed conversion ratios and high daily weight gains, db.77® scores highly on traits which are often incompatible: He combines optimum profitability with consideration for the environment.
Intensive testing ensures the reliable genetic progress of db.77®.
- High health status
- Rigorous selection: Solid testing under practical conditions by the Spranz central testing station
- Most comprehensive progeny testing programme in Germany
- Centralised genetic evaluation with optimal weighting of commercially relevant characteristics
db.77 is characterised by the following qualities
- Homozygous, stress-resistant terminal boar from the Piétrain family
- The most widely used boar in Germany
- Outstanding weight gain
- Great piglet vitality
- Reliable carcass traits
- Outstanding meat quality
- Excellent feed conversion ratios
Tailor-made – and with the ‘Aha effect’!
The db.77® is the top-ranking terminal boar on the German market and is consolidating its position through product diversification. So now you have a choice!
Over 50,000 slaughter data points from db.77® progeny!
Last year over 50,000 slaughter data points were collected from animals in the progeny testing programme and individually assigned to their sire. This field data demonstrates the enormous performance potential:
|Daily weight gain (g)||878|
|Slaughter weight (kg)||94.2|
|Back fat thickness (mm)||14.58|
|Lean meat thickness (mm)||63.58|
|Lean meat ratio (%)||58.87|
|Belly meat (%)||57.69|
|Index (points / kg)||1.007|
db.77®: Champion in the product quality test
Four boar lines, one clear overall winner: the BHZP db.77® came top in the latest product quality test undertaken by the North Rhine Westphalia Chamber of Agriculture.